- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Labour Planning Manager
Location: North Essex
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Job type: Permanent
A leading regional civil engineering company is seeking a Labour Planning Manager to be the point of contact for all site labour requirements including resource planning and coordination of current workforce. The individual will work closely with Contract Managers and all internal stakeholders to understand and develop strategies for regionalised growth. This role will be partly office based (North Essex) and partly site based (South East) approximately a 50/50 split.
Responsibilities of the Labour Planning Manager:
- Forecasting and modelling of business pipeline data to determine labour needs, working with Directors of Operations and Contracts Managers to understand resource requirements
- Design and implementation of recruitment strategies for individual projects
- Develop an understanding of current strategies, are they fit for purpose, can they develop a better process?
- Managing information from agencies and producing meaningful key performance indicators and service level agreements
- Management of their Preferred Supply List- adding agencies/regular review meetings and auditing with member of the People Team.
- Management of RDB (Internal Recruitment Database) process for site workers
- Posting job adverts for site vacancies, managing responses and dealing with applications and site telephone inquiries.
- CV searching, shortlisting and pre-qualifying site workers
- Management of site recruitment mailbox and updating the careers website for site vacancies
- Liaising with accounts regarding time sheets and payment
- Onboarding including new starter packs for site workers
- To support on the retention of their site workforce
- Work with Operations Director (Groundworks) and Contracts Managers to improve efficiency or current internal labour and agency workforce
- Attend Project Handover meetings to gain real time detail of sales agreements and deliverables
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with various departments and Operations Directors and Contracts Managers to achieve a high-level understanding of the project scope and labour resource requirements for short medium and long term on each individual project.
Requirements of the Labour Planning Manager:
- Strong, proven experience in Groundwork's/RC frames/Civil engineering recruitment
- Up to date on current legislation, equal opportunities, gangmasters licensing, employment law, equal opportunities as well as a solid understanding of IR35 regulations.
- Experience of maintaining appropriate records on projects using MS Excel and in-house software.
- Experience of using workforce planning data to support the business and develop recruitment strategies.
- Experience of licensing, health and safety and liaison with regulatory bodies.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced pressurised environment.
- Strong proven background in recruitment either internal or agency experience.
Benefits of becoming the Labour Planning Manager:
Our client offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, occupational health checks, birthday half day and much more.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Labour Planning Manager, then please apply now!
Closing Date: 31st October 2019
- ms project