- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Provide legal advice to the business teams in respect of all asset classes managed by LGPS Central and the corporate structure
- Assist in setting policies and procedures that manage the legal impact of external factors Provision of pragmatic, business focused legal advice to seek to mitigate/optimise risk in respect of all matters within remit illustrating a clear understanding of legal, financial, regulatory, conduct and reputational risks.
- Ensuring relevant internal policies and standards are complied with, manage and provide oversight of legal impact of external factors disputes relating to asset management services and operations.
- Assisting in any input to relevant risk management forums including inputs from stakeholders and sharing outputs, engagement in industry bodies, engaging with regulators and government and supporting responses to consultations and proposed legislative change.
- Supporting General Counsel in all aspects of work with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- Support in the mentoring/coaching of the trainee solicitor;
- Anticipate issues and estimate legal risks strategically
- Base decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients) as appropriate
- Identify need for external advice; specify and manage delivery of such advice
- Dealing with company secretarial matters
- Handling ad hoc queries from the business, supporting the deal teams and managing contentious issues.
· Must be a qualified solicitor or with some experience of financial products
· Proven experience in a business environment
· Experience in a financial/asset management services environment would be a significant asset
· Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate, financial, litigation, employment law, etc)
· In-depth understanding of how legal issues effect organisations
· Can demonstrate some working knowledge of the UK regulatory framework (ideally for financial/asset management services)
· Experience of negotiating IMA’s/ISDA’s/GMSLA’s, alternatives and deal documentation
· High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
· Good judgement and analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks
· In exchange the company offers a very challenging, rewarding and collegiate environment.
Must be a qualified solicitor with at least 5-7 years PQE, ideally within an in-house legal function or from external counsel but with relevant experience. Experience of the asset management industry will be advantageous.
Open, fair and transparent
Honest and trustworthy
Empowered in making right decisions
Accountability for results and delivery
Aspire towards partner expectations
Fair treatment of staff
Challenge status quo and working collaboratively
New thinking and continuous improvement
Centre of excellence
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £60,000.00 /year
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered