- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £60,000.00 - £71,154.00 gross per year
DWP Accessibility Technology Lead, Up to £71,154 A digital leader with expertise in accessibility technologies, a track record delivering high level user adoption, user experience, and delivering and maintaining a live service.Digital Workplace Project. Digital with Purpose. DWP.
We're looking for a talented leader with a background in Accessibility technologies to join DWP's Digital Workplace project and become part of DWP's digital transformation programme.
We're delivering a massive reform of products and services putting world class tech solutions into the hands of the millions that access DWP services and our brilliant frontline colleagues.
If you are a digital leader with subject/product expertise in accessibility technologies with a track record delivering high level user adoption, user experience, and delivering and maintaining a live service, we'd love to hear from you.
What is Digital Workplace?
It's big. Over the last two years diverse DWP Digital teams have established Digital Workplace, an agile and multi-disciplinary service that supports over 84,000 employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications, operating out of more than 800 UK sites, and powering digital products and services used by more than 20 million people across the UK.
It's evolving. So far we've moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising performance.
We're improving communication and collaboration with a mix of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we're making sure our people always have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
It's important we get it right. DWP deliver world-class digital solutions which touch the lives of millions of people, including some of the most vulnerable in our society. We're creating a better working environment and experience for the people behind those solutions to ensure they stay equipped, motivated, informed and engaged.
You and your role
As a leader for our customer Accessibility operations, you will manage the evolution of the highly visible and key strategic platform. You'll provide strategic and tactical product leadership for change programme management, user adoption, user experience and digital strategy ensuring DWP gets the best out of our existing solutions, and that we stay at the cutting edge of accessibility technologies.
You'll collaborate with our Service Owner, providing an expert voice and setting a clear direction for our accessibility products and related change management programmes and services. You also be responsible for the high level roadmap and for "keeping the lights on", ensuring that all our people have the solutions they need to stay connected.
An accessibility expert and evangelist, you should have extensive depth and breadth of experience in people and thought leadership, and the creation and conception of a significant programme, product or project.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You're a product adoption guru: you have created and communicated a product roadmap for Accessibility technology, delivered though leadership, strategy and direction for product in a large and complex organisational context.
- You simply deliver: you have successfully delivered one or more products meeting a number of successful outcomes as well as supporting live service running
- You're on top of industry trends: you are in touch and involved in the latest technology and automation solutions trends
- You can solve it like Sherlock: you can make effective decisions based on incomplete information using a range of techniques. You solve problems and empower others to do the same.
- You're an effective communicator: you take and act upon challenge from stakeholders. You work across department or functional boundaries in order to effectively communicate a product vision and gain stakeholder buy in. You have also worked with users to articulate their needs and communicated these to a product team
Where will you work?
You'll join us in one of our digital hubs in your choice of Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield. Find out more about each of hubs and the great facilities onsite here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer salary up to £71,154, brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package. And a benefits package built round work-life balance including:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts, savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- L&D, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year, and lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
- ms project