- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Application Security Specialist - 90226200
Posting Range:25 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Lead Application Security Specialist
We are looking for a motivated, technically minded individual to join our application security team. As a senior application security specialist you will be expected to contribute both on an individual assessment basis as well as a global strategic basis to raise the security posture across the organisation.
What will you be doing?
Service management of enterprise application security testing tools: SAST, DAST, OSA, perimeter scannin
Driving adoption and increased usage of automated application security testing in CI/CD pipelines
Working with key stakeholders in Business units and developer experience to shift left (DevSecOps)
Develop and maintain secure coding standards
Develop and deliver secure application development training
What we’re looking for:
• Application security assessment techniques and their relative merits, including: SAST, DAST, OSA and manual assessment
• Have Application Security vulnerability knowledge including OWASP, SANS Top 25, etc.
• Understanding of Application security issues, coding standards, strong communication skills and ability to articulate them to developers and project managers
• Understanding of the security mechanisms associated with Applications, operating systems, networks and databases
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm for low-level technical topics including native development (any platform)
• Knowledge of middleware platforms (e.g. WebSphere)
• Knowledge of compilers, build processes, executable file formats and OS/VM execution environments (ARM/x86, iOS, Android, Windows, *NIX, JVM, CLR etc.)
• Experience of languages inherent to modern, mobile development: Java+JNI, Objective C, Swift etc
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.