- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Cloud Platform Engineer - 90227614
Posting Range:26 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Cloud Platform Engineer
You will be the Cloud subject matter expert within an innovative new banking function focusing currently on AWS with future scope potentially moving into other cloud offerings. You will also be the principle developer in a newly forming DevOps team. This is protected under a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) due to the Intellictual Property linked to the proposition. The new platform will form a key component of BUK Ventures strategy
What will you be doing?
• Create AWS cloud solution architecture, focusing on native AWS tooling with bespoke tooling being used where native services are not approved.
• Create new cloud features in line with business requirements
• Create documentation of new features in line with BUK Ventures standards.
• Manage a small team and help shape the DevOps function within BUK Ventures
• Contribute to cloud strategy as BUK Ventures looks to leverage new features and cloud providers in the future roadmap
What we’re looking for:
• An expert in cloud technologies, predominently AWS but knowledge of other cloud providers will be an advantage.
• A grounding in service orientated architecture (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
• Demonstrable cloud architecture and implimentation experience.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Cloud certifications, AWS preferred but others such as Azure and GCP will be an advantage
• Ideally you will possess practical knowledge of agile/iterative development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc).
• As with all our roles, delivery is key. You will understand the key drivers in successful IT delivery and support.
• A working knowledge of AWS landing Zone would be beneficial.
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.