- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Credit Analyst - AVP - 90221789
Posting Range:7 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Lead Credit Analyst
Analyse credit risk across the portfolio, to understand trends in risk and customer behaviour and the reasons behind them. This may involve building new sorts of tools and analytical techniques.Use this insight to find ways to optimise our ECM programmes and customer treatment, to improve our portfolio’s risk profile and returns.
What will you be doing?
This role is part of the Credit Strategy Analytics team that shapes UK cards strategy. With a portfolio in excess of £16bn and more than amillion new applicants each year, information and analytics is critical to our decision making, and this role will require strong conceptual thinking and analytical ability.
• You will investigate our exposure to different kinds of credit risk, and our resilience in times of market stress, and propose frameworks and/or activities to manage these.
• You will help develop analytical ways to identify, understand, and manage credit risk on our portfolio.
• You will have a role in formulating policy and strategy for the UK card portfolio – both in setting and reviewing risk “guardrails” and “decision frameworks” and directly proposing changes to strategy where supported by analysis.
• Underlying all of this is our ability to understand and engage with our customers’ needs.
What we’re looking for:
You must have a degree in a numerical discipline, with experience of modelling and solving numerical and statistical problems – for example, physics, mathematics, or engineering.
• You will have some experience of large-scale analytics (eg. understanding behaviours that manifest in large numbers of people or large experiments – you will not be underwriting customers one-by-one!)
• You will have some experience of risk analysis in a consumer finance context (eg. mass market loans, credit cards, etc.) and have some experience of common consumer credit behaviours.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• You will be effective at communicating within your peer-group and upwards (eg. summarising the results of your analysis sucinctly to senior stakeholders and peers).
• Advanced mathematical and statistical skill such as familiarity with neural network models, “deep learning”, stochastic models, tree networks, etc. – but you not have applied these “in the real world”
• You will be enthusiatic and effective when it comes to turning your insight into action.
• You will have a functional understanding of how a consumer lending product functions and how the key parts of its P&L might interact.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.