- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Credit Analyst- AVP - 90230820
Posting Range:1 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Lead Credit Analyst (AVP)
The purpose of the role is, through data analytics and modelling, to build, monitor, maintain and optimise the risk/reward decision within UK Cards. The role will also provide risk oversight to acquisition programmes owned by business & commercial teams. This will cut across a number of different products within the UK credit card market and encompass new product launches in addition to existing product optimisations.
The job holder will be responsible for analytical support in designing credit policies for new acquisitions. This includes the setting of credit or risk parameters for all programs impacting customers to ensure loss rates remain within risk appetite whilst the expected reward is achieved.
Ongoing engagement with the commercial team will also be required to ensure alignment to business goals.
What will you be doing?
• Ability to source data from various warehouses and external partners.
• Use historical and current data in order to produce high quality analysis to support the needs of their team.
• Is responsible for building & monitoring a framework to forecast credit risk losses for acquisitions programmes.
• Provide analytical Insights that help in design & test of underwriting strategies.
• Provide insight and recommendations to Senior Credit Risk Manager in order to support in the creation of risk strategies to contain the cost of risk and achieve P&L/impairment targets.
• Is responsible for in-depth monitoring of performance of certain credit policies, spotting trends and insights driving corrective actions.
• Accountable for the smooth execution and the full compliance of the credit policies they are in charge of.
• The role will interact with colleagues in the Commercial, Strategic Analytics, P&L, Finance & other teams within Credit Risk.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in risk management, banking, financial services, analytics or related industry
• A command of risk tools/metrics (i.e. RORWA, ROA, NPV, etc.)
• Passionate about data analysis and how this contributes to the business
• Advanced understanding of SAS and Excel
• Candidates with a good degree 2:1 or higher or equivalent work-experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Credit strategy experience through all stages of credit risk and product lifecycle.
• Advanced degree in an analytical discipline
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.