- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Developer - 90229190
Posting Range:28 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
A new opportunity has become available within our Markets Technology team for a Lead Developer. This team is responsible for driving the right customer outcomes and protecting the integrity of the financial services markets through innovation and cross Product Operations. You will develop, maintain and support bespoke applications, work with Settlements and other operations users primarily in UK region to identify the system development requirements.
What will you be doing?
• Oversees the Settlement Ops Technology team in Glasgow
• Able to execute the assigned development project tasks within schedule and budget with minimal supervision for application.
• Understand the architecture and contribute to strategy of adopting the architecture to other applications
• Contribute to the definition of development standards and process improvements.
• Work with global team members and business users to get the business requirements, analyse them and prepare the technical specifications.
• Develop and test the software in desired technologies to Implement the business requirements
• Participate in project go live and post go live support activities.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in Java, Spring Boot, RDBMS, Shell and Perl scripting
• Experience in Enterprise frameworks such as Apache Camel etc and knowledge of Agile software development concepts
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Exposure to DevOps tools such as Jenkins, team city, Nolio etc.
• Good understanding of middleware technologies such as IBM MQ, Kafka, Active MQ, Solace etc.
• Experience in Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Redhat OpenShift, AWS: EC2, ECS, S3 etc.
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.