- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead DevOps Engineer - 90218021
Posting Range:24 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
As a API Platform DevOps engineer you will be working on building a cutting edge cloud native, micro service / service mesh based API platform and the pipeline’s for APIs which are deployed into the platform. You will be working in a Kanban / agile teams with developers and Test Automation Engineers.
What will you be doing?
• Be the technical first contact for the DevOps Engineers
• Work with the Head of DevOps to define the strategic direction of the platform
• Work with architects and system designers to define high level solutions
• Write detailed stories for DevOps elements within the platform road map
• Manage the workload and priorities of the on and off shore DevOps Team
• Work on POC activities
• Participate in agile ceremonies providing story points and estimates for tasks
• Create DevOps scripts using Jenkins, Gradle, Open Shift and other DevOps related technology
What we’re looking for:
• Jenkins pipeline & Jenkins file development
• Cloud deployments, kubernetes & AWS
• Nexus / Artifactory integration with Jenkins
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Java development background
• SpringBoot, Spring Cloud
• Netflix cloud tools
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: an onsite gym, dress down code every day, Starbucks, flexible working hours, remote working, family fun days and much more.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.