- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead DevOps Engineer - 90213552
Posting Range:13 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Lead Devops Engineer
Radbroke Hall (Knutsford)
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to work on our contact centre technology. We will unleash the personalities of our people, enabling and empowering them to become brilliant universal bankers; connect customers and colleagues via consistent, intelligent and smart tech. By working together, through collective and aligned plans we will create experiences that customers consistently rate as highly relevant and valuable.
What will you be doing?
• You will be helping engaged teams adopt strategic conventions around CI/CD
• Be driving standardisation of DevOps practice across Customer Contact in line with Group Standards
• Identify common solutions to specific requirements not covered by current conventions
• Use 12-Factor-app principles to develop, enhance and maintain the pipeline utilities
• Manage the roadmap of our products against platform deployments and drive platform upgrades .This will include moving new products to strategic platforms as well as maintaining existing onesWork collaboratively with RTB and Service Owners to meet mandatory platform upgrades on time.
• You will be working with release managers and RTB to push essential maintenance releases into production
• Manage the workload of the team against project and product needs. Understand prioritisation needs for the Transaction Cycle. Ensure work is completed to budget, time and quality standards
• You will lead verification and readiness for new strategic platforms e.g. AWS
What we’re looking for:
• You will have a solid understanding of how Dev Ops / CI / CD principles and practices can be used to ever increase speed to market and quality
• You will have a solid understanding of PaaS and / or Cloud hosting and deployment options
• You must have some experience leading others, as a technical lead or in a similar role.
• You will have experience in at least some of the following (or in equivalent technologies where specifics are mentioned)
o aPaaS & Cloud Hosting and deployment
o CI/CD Pipeline Development with Jenkins
o Docker and Kubernetes (OpenShift Container Platform)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• JEE Frameworks
• SQL & No SQL Databases
Where will you be working?
Barclays Radbroke Hall is a strategic IT and Technology centre set in a fantastic countryside location with outstanding facilities to include Starbuck’s, onsite gym and canteen as well as football pitches and tennis courts. The site is relaxed with a dress down code and excellent working culture.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.