- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The application of analytics and data science within TUI is a key element of the strategy delivering value through enhancing the customer experience, improving our operational efficiency and maximise the value from our product investment and customer interactions. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to play a key role delivering advanced solutions across multiple markets.
The successful candidate will come with a proven track record of having delivered and implemented automated analytics solutions at scale using a range of CLOUD based technologies. The candidate will work closely with our data science and analytics team as well as key partners such as Amazon Web Services, to ensure we maximise value from the latest technology. They will have a devops mindset and be eager to take accountability both for the on time delivery of great capability and the successful running of the platform in live as well as a commitment to continual improvement.
TUI are well placed for the next phase of the data science journey with an inflight project to develop a group wide Big Data Platform and you will join a team which already has a strong track record of success such as the development of an in-house yield solution automating the management of 18 million prices on an hourly basis and now deployed across 4 markets in the group. TUI are significantly investing in the area of data science both from a technology and people perspective and have a number of ambitious projects in progress across commercial, digital, airline and customer in multiple locations across Europe and hence once here this will be a great place to develop your future career.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering quality products and services, a commitment to customer service, relentless curiosity about both business and technology and a desire to grow within the world of TUI.
What you will be doing This role supports Group projects, acting as a cross market lead for development resource assigned to either CNG or OPA. You will be responsible for working with business users/Product Owners in an Agile delivery process to understand requirements and provide solutions that meet time and quality expectations.
Further to this you will be required to create and maintain optimal data pipeline infrastructure and supporting applications, as well as building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
More responsibilities include:
- Integration of tooling to provide automated deployment including automated quality assurance processes
- Develop coding standards and quality: working with architects and existing developers to maintain a set of standards and to ensure team adheres to agreed standards. Accountable for ensuring overall code quality and coverage from development resource for the platform.
- Detailed Design : Alongside Technical Architects and Product Owners, create detailed design and provide inputs for the solution designs
- Definition & Planning: Work with delivery managers/Scrum Masters to create sprint plans identifying the technical dependencies and identifying critical path based on core technical deliverables. During the planning exercise, you will be also responsible to help the team to provide high level estimates/points based on the User Stories / EPIC stories.
- You will work within both the Agile development framework. As a key member in (scrum) team, you will be the go to person to resolve complex technical issues & work on resolution with development team. Also during (sprint) planning exercise, you will work with (scrum) team members (PO, SM in case of Scrum team) to identify & highlight any technical challenges with particular development phase (sprint).
- You will also be involved in developing core complex components, POCs, conducting technical workshops along with technical leads from other application areas.
- Performance metrics and development tools: key involvement in defining tools, metrics and processes used.
- Be a key link between the Scrum team and the Cloud Dev Ops service delivery functions to ensure that delivery pipelines developed adhere to departmental, source market and company standards and are fit for purpose.
What we are looking for
- Experience in Big Data(Hadoop ecosystems) Installation and optimization (Manadatory)
- Extensive AWS Experience: installing and optimising AWS products i.e. S3, EC2, EMR, Lambda, CloudWatch, dynamodb, redshift, Glue, Kinesis, security, networking etc (Mandatory)
- Experience in setting up and managing Pub/Sub systems like Kinesis (Mandatory)
- Experience in Terraform, Ansible and AWS Cloudformation scripting (Mandatory)
- Containerisation platforms (Preferable)
- Experience on development and monitoring tools like AWS CloudWatch, Dynatrace, git(BitBucket) and Jenkins (Mandatory)
- Experience in creating and managing CI/CD pipelines (Mandatory)
- Experience of test automation and code quality tools
Working within TUI group TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It's our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
- ms project