- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Project Manager’s Assistant - 90217354
Posting Range:14 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
You will be responsible for acting as an SME for all matters governance (in particular Barclays’ project lifecycle SDLC / BACL & Financial management / tracking)
Aswel as Managing the governance priorities and workload of the projects / programmes assigned to as the PMA Lead.
What will you be doing?
• You will be taking accountability for the effective execution of Project / Programme Management processes, procedures and tools for the Project or Programme, on behalf of the Project /Programme / PMO Manager.
• Foster relationships with Programme Managers, Project Managers and PMAs, offer support, guidance, relay any working issues into the Programme Office Manager as required
• Track Programme Milestone Plans assuring alignment with the Project plans
• Assist the Project / Programme Manager
• RAID management - ensure project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies are logged, reviewed and addressed in a standard way – to ensure that where necessary RAIDs are escalated to the appropriate forum
• Assist the project / Programme Manager with the Change Control Process. Raising Changes, and tracking / ensuring outcomes are tracked
• Set-up, maintain and quality assure Programme Cost & Benefit Management model and financial processes
• Monthly tracking of the project / programme finances. Tracking spend, raising Accruals, PO tracking, escalating issues /variances
• Support the PM / PMO in maintaining resource forecasts and staffing profiles.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in Project Management / PMO qualifications
• Problem-solving experience and Financial services experience
• Proven track record of embedding controls, processes and structure
• Knowledge of Project Office and Project Management function
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proven track record of providing strong leadership and direction.
• Experience of working across multiple business areas, functions and locations.
• Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills and people management skills.
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.