- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a UI Development Lead for TUI's Northern Region, you will provide technical leadership and engineering development best practices across a range of multi-channel web projects. This role will focus on the delivery of front end changes as part of a cross-functional Agile Scrum team.
Providing amazing, innovative holiday solutions for the world's largest Travel company and, there has never been a better time to join us, we are currently ranked the 12th Best Company to Work for in the UK by LinkedIn for 2019.
What you will be doing
- You will make significant changes across our three major branded websites: TUI UK, First Choice, and TUI Ireland.
- Use modern UI technologies built on React across web projects.
- Contribute and design new Coding Standards including defining standards for SEO, accessibility, performance, and SLAs.
- You will work within an Agile team supporting the Scrum master, Product Owners and UI developers from a design perspective.
- You will promote quality and performance improvements using new working practices.
- Design and Engineer Prototyping
- Support legacy systems until their decommissioning.
- Design the interfaces with the User application team and Solution Designers.
What we are looking for
- Worked as a lead or manager - within an enterprise organisation and worked across cross-functional teams.
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment.
- A strong background in Frontend Development using the following technologies: React, HTML & CSS
- A deep understanding of Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies.
- You will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong social and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written..
- Exposure to UX/UI design based on current trends and user models.
Working within TUI group Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI's more than a brand, it's who we are. Trusted - Unique - Inspiring.
We're the leading tourism business with diverse customers and over 67,000 employees. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind. Just like our customers, we're on a journey, of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we're encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives. Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it's our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
The TUI Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies. TUI is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply We will just need a few details from you and your CV.