- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £85,000.00 gross per year
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DEVOPS - OXFORD - £85,000 PER ANNUM - BENEFITS PACKAGE AND CAREER PROGRESSION
Do you exceed at bringing a team together for multi-year programme projects?
Are you up to date with the best Agile techniques and latest CI/CD pipeline?
Do you want to work in a hands-on leadership role?
Then look no further!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leadership role within a Scrum team, following Agile methodologies
- Collaborating effectively with stakeholders outside the team
- Ensuring requirements are fit for purpose and detailed design is aligned with solution design, ensuring long term maintenance and support
- Resolving complex technical issues, collaborating with team members and domain experts
- Mentoring and/or train entry-level software engineers
- Being aware of new technological developments
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Java 8
- Spring Boot / Spring Cloud
- Experience with services / APIs and microservices architecture (REST/Json, Swagger)
- MongoDB or experience of other NoSQL databases
- AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, IAM)
- CI / CD (Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- TDD / BDD Testing frameworks (JUnit, Selenium, Gherkin / Cucumber and a mocking framework)
- Familiar with HTML, JS and CSS
- Jira, Confluence, Git
- Agile software development methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Strong problem-solving experience
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Containers (e.g. Docker) and any container platform technology (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS etc.)
- Load balancing and service discovery across micro-services
- Deconstructing monoliths into micro-services
- Effective monitoring, alerting and visualisation (Kibana, Elasticsearch)
- Scrum Master for a cross functional team
- Developing code to be managed through CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to design and work with complex data models
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others
- Strong organization/project planning and time management
£85,000 for the right candidate; also offering a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow.
For further information or to apply, please contact me by phone on [Telephone number removed] or email at Click here to contact this recruiter .
Megan Stevenson, Jefferson Frank International (specialising in AWS-DevOps recruitment).