- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £110,000.00 - £120,000.00 gross per year
Lead Solution Architect - £110,000+ Bonus + Benefits (AWS cloud, Microservices, Dev Ops, Kubernetes / Docker, API) A London based investment bank is looking to hire an experienced Lead Solution Architect, this is a technical and people leadership position which will champion innovative architectural solutions within an Agile team structure. You will provide architectural direction across a portfolio of cross functional teams working with analysts, developers and testers.A London based investment bank is looking to hire an experienced Lead Solution Architect, this is a technical and people leadership position which will champion innovative architectural solutions within an Agile team structure. You will provide architectural direction across a portfolio of cross functional teams working with analysts, developers and testers.
As the Lead Solutions Architect you must be familiar with the current digital technology landscape. You will work closely with business leads to drive the detailed design of the solutions that will help support the business.
You will consult the business on technical direction, provide insight on how to best exploit current platforms, as well as provide design guidance to the global development teams working in an Agile environment.
- Ensuring architectural definition aligns with both the business objectives and the technology estate to standardize and simplify the associated application portfolio over time
- Providing architectural direction, guidance to the global engineering teams working in an Agile environment.
- Developing skills across architecture team and wider department
- Leading Architecture design for specific functions within the Digital scope
- Driving technical understanding and direction in both Business and Technical senior leadership
Experience and Qualifications
- Key skills - AWS cloud, Microservices, Dev Ops, Kubernetes / Docker, API
- Experience working in relevant environment/s and role i.e. Solutions architect in digital technologies
- Technical and business stakeholder management from developers to executive management
- Experience of being accountable for significant for architectural decisions and provide justification for decisions taken
- Experience of API and service based architectures using SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- PaaS/IaaS - OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure & Cloudbees
- DevOps processes and experience
- Knowledge of implementation considerations for UI technologies including jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Ember.js, React, Dojo, Backbone.js
- Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.