- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This part time (0.4) post is available fixed term basis until 30th June 2020.
Summary of the role/position
You will have responsibility for the design and development of teaching and learning material in specific Drama modules to which you will be assigned. You will use a range of facilitation techniques to enthuse and engage students in the processes of theatre-making. The post will involve facilitating group creative projects studio based teaching, and marking assessed performance work and writing assignments. You will work with the Directors of Education and administrator team in Drama, as a support system, to ensure the effective delivery of teaching in accord with the College’s education strategy.
For a Lecturer post you will:
- Possess a depth or breadth of specialist knowledge demonstrated by a PhD, or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Use a range of facilitation techniques to enthuse and engage students in theatre-making.
- Support students in the development of their creative work in both assessed and non-assessed contexts.
- Develop initiative, creativity and judgement in applying appropriate approaches to teaching and learning support.
- Provide constructive feedback and pastoral care for students; offering support and guidance to allocated personal tutees
- Participate in second-marking and formal staff and teaching team meetings.
- As part of your Continuing Professional Development you will be encouraged to work towards Fellow of the Higher Education Academy status (The University provides plenty of free and bespoke guidance for this scheme).
What we can offer you:
- Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines;
- Support teams that understand the University wide teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly;
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development;
- Our Exeter Academic initiative supports high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career;
- A multitude of staff benefits including sector leading benefits around