- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,878.00 - £36,650.00 gross per year
We are looking for a Lecturer in English who is able to inspire and motivate students through delivery of a high quality learning experience. You will join us at our Chichester and Brinsbury campuses on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,878 - £36,650 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 4 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley, one at Worthing and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return as our Lecturer in English we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in English:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy
Our ideal Lecturer in English should have the below skills and experience:
- Have, or be willing to work towards, a PGCE (or equivalent teaching qualification) and must hold a level 3 (or above) qualification in an English related subject
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Relevant GCSE teaching experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Newly qualified graduates, teachers or candidates looking for a career change from an English related profession are welcome to apply.
If you would like to learn more about our Lecturer in English role then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing date: 15th August 2019
Interview date: 29th August 2019
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.