- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,878.00 - £36,650.00 gross per year
We have an opportunity for a Lecturer in Fashion & Textiles to lead and manage the level 3 Fashion and Textiles qualifications in a busy Art and Design department for the Chichester College Group.The role is a full time, permanent position working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,878 - £36,650 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 4 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley, one at Worthing and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return as our Lecturer in Fashion & Textiles we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in Fashion & Textiles:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each
- Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy
Our ideal Lecturer in Fashion & Textiles should have the below skills and experience:
- Level 3 (or equivalent) in Fashion & Textiles
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Have experience in teaching on a variety of Fashion and Textiles programmes including BTEC and UAL qualifications
- Have knowledge of both historical and modern trends in fashion
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- An understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
- Practical skills to assist in the construction of garments is desired
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education is desirable
If you would like to learn more about our Lecturer in Fashion & Textiles rolethen please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing date: 1st August 2019
Interview date: 21st August 2019
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- public relations