- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £35,211.00 - £39,609.00 gross per year
Summary of the role/position
Geography at Exeter is one of the largest Geography Departments in the UK and is recognised as an international leader across the range of contemporary geographical and environmental research. We were ranked 7th in the UK for research intensity in REF2014, and 3rd in terms of research power in Geography by the Times Higher Education supplement. Most recently, Exeter was ranked 11th in the world for Geography in the QS 2018 world rankings
We are seeking to appoint a Temporary Lecturer (E&S) in Human Geographer for 9 months, to be based at the Exeter campus, who will contribute to the delivery of our undergraduate and Master’s programmes and to extending the scholarship profile of Human Geography. We welcome applications from those working in the areas of political geography and/or geopolitics.
The post holder will be expected to:
- fulfil teaching, scholarship and administration duties as a Lecturer in the Department of Geography;
- build the profile of human geography at Exeter, through innovative scholarship and teaching;
- collaborate with colleagues both within the Department and the University of Exeter as a whole in order to develop and support human geography teaching and scholarship within the context of the College and department.
- contribute to the general operation of the Department and College as a member of its academic team.
For a Lecturer post you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in Human Geography and evidence of an independent, internationally-recognised research programme in a relevant active field of scholarship;
- Depending on career-stage, a strong record in academic teaching and scholarship;
- An active approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary scholarship;
- Enthusiasm for delivering high quality undergraduate and Masters level programmes
- Involvement in projects which develop impact, or clear plans to develop impactful research agendas.
You can view the Job Description and Person Specification document here.
(For HR use only: Insert Hyperlink to FP’s: