- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Legal Analyst (BA4) - 90225020
Posting Range:3 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Legal Analyst (BA4)
Assist the GCS Team in providing support to execute Master Agreements and capture Legal data from the agreements to meet regulatory requirements and business demands. Fully understands the role of Legal in Barclays and how it interacts with other functions and the business. Demonstrates commercial awareness whilst ensuring that the Bank’s risk requirements are met
What will you be doing?
• Administrative support to the GCS team in relation to execution procedures for finalised agreements.
• Facilitation, coordination & tracking of execution process of all GCS negotiated agreements (primarily in EME and in particular London, Cape Town & Dublin but also globally as needed).
• Assist with the execution process for external vendors (and liaise directly with vendors for such purposes).
• Uploading and archiving of all executed GCS agreements and notification of these actions to the respective infrastructure areas.
• Data capture in relation of GCS executed agreements onto the bank’s systems.
• Production of MIS data in relation to executed agreements and assistance in the production of KPIs & MIS reports.
• General day-to-day support to the GCS team as needed.
• Assistance with other matters/projects handled by the GCS team on an ad-hoc basis.
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience and exposure to Legal working practices and processes
• Have excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Be a proactive and keen self starter
• Clearly identifies legal and commercial risks – has the ability to assess commercial implications of contractual terms, good judgement on legal risk decisions, knowing when to escalate
Skills that will help you in the role:
• An awareness of the regulatory environment in financial services, and planned changes to it.
• Has a clear commitment to continuous teaching and learning
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.