- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our client, a an independent regulator, are seeking a legal assistant to join their in-house legal team on a temporary basis.
The role is primarily to assist lawyers and accountants in the investigation and prosecution of accounting and actuarial misconduct
This will encompass a diverse spectrum of support from the investigation stage up to the preparation for and attendance at disciplinary hearings and the management of costs recovery.
The role will involve:.
- Drafting formal Notices and letters on behalf of Case Lawyers.
- Proof reading pleading documents, including Proposed Formal Complaints, Formal Complaints, and any other key documents such as Settlement Agreements and written submissions.
- Assisting with disclosure tasks to include
- Conducting legal research and conveying results
- Assisting with the instruction of counsel and experts on cases.
- Working with counsel, experts and external solicitors in preparation for disciplinary hearings
- Participating in Pre Trial Reviews and Directions Hearings and being an integral part of the litigation team
- Attending tribunal hearings to provide assistance to the case lawyer, experts and counsel, hand documents up to witnesses giving evidence, update the hearing bundle and liaise with the Tribunal Secretary.
- Preparing costs schedules for the recovery of costs from respondents.
- Taking responsibility for the recording and proper handling of all evidence in hard copy or electronic format.
- Organising and attending conferences with experts, counsel, Case Management Committee and other regulators.
- Liaising with data management suppliers in relation to the upload and review of case material.
- Taking responsibility for key case documents including the schedule of material and case diary.
- Assisting with the preparation of interviews and producing interview bundles for subjects and witnesses.
- Taking responsibility for the integrity of interview transcripts.
- Liaising with other regulatory bodies in relation to parallel investigations in obtaining and providing information through the appropriate channels.
- Taking responsibility for the preparation of hearing bundles by preparing clear indices, cross referencing documents and appropriately formatting complex documents for inclusion in the bundles.
Candidates must be available to interview asap, and to commence work at short notice.