- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,000.00 - £22,000.00 gross per year
- BRISTOL AVON
Our client is an award-winning, full service, commercial law firm and they are rapidly developing a national reputation for its innovative approach to delivering legal services. They operate in the financial services, leisure, retail & consumer goods, technology & media, renewables, housing and public sectors. Their specialisms are real estate, banking and finance, commercial, corporate, employment, dispute resolution and litigation.
On behalf of our client we are seeking a Legal Assistant within their Licensing Team
To work within the Leisure & Retail Team dealing with licensing matters for the team's clients requiring licensing services, such clients include PubCos, restaurants, bars, hotels, festival, sports venues, retailers and insolvency practitioners.
- To carry out licensing work for clients e.g. applications for new premises licences, applications to vary premises licences (to include change to hours, other licensable activities, change in DPS etc), transfer of premises licences, notifications of interest in a premises licence, personal licence applications, pavement licences etc.
- To assist with licensing projects and the preparation of hearing papers
- Working with the property fee earners in the team to ensure licensing aspects of a particular job are covered and dealing with their day to day queries.
- To liaise with licensing officers, local authorities, police etc on applications made and ad hoc queries raised by them.
- To liaise with clients on a regular basis in order to actively progress matters and deal with ad hoc queries.
- To prepare reports sent to clients on an agreed reporting cycle.
- Attending client functions.
- To provide all our clients with an excellent service
For this role our client is looking for someone who has already gained some experience as a legal assistant (ideally this will have been in real estate or licencing.
- Either previous legal experience as a Legal Assistant
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, interwoven would be beneficial
- To have basic knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training
Contributory Pension, Group Life, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday & a flexible benefits scheme.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Central Bristol, no car parking.
Up to £22,000