- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world's largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare.
Come join us!
What you'll do
The ideal candidate is experienced in commercial transactions and who thrives when working on a variety of subject matters.
In this role, you will working closely with our sales, marketing, and partnerships teams to review contracts, provide effective, business-focused, day-to-day advice on a broad range of issues, including local law compliance, IP, HR, third-party complaints, and various inquiries, and draft, review and revise internal processes and policies.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change. Preference will be given to individuals with experience working on one or a combination of relevant issues, including Commercial Contracts, Employment, and Privacy/Data Protection with or at an innovative technology company or technology law firm.
This role is ideal for someone who is a proactive self-starter, enjoy working on a variety of subject matters and has a thirst for knowledge and continued growth, all while working as part of a great team.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Qualified lawyer with 3 years' PQE
- Experience in drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on commercial agreements of any description
- Experience working in either the technology transactions or commercial/corporate practice of a law firm, and/or in-house at a technology company
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with non-standard and often unstructured requests, at short notice
- Ability to work in an international team, with lawyers and non-lawyers, to establish effective solutions efficiently and in an amenable manner.
- Ideally fluent in German and/or dually qualified; qualification or high school or college education in Germany a plus; qualification in Germany a big plus
- Experience with legal compliance at all levels (local, national, and international), especially with regard to German and/or European employment laws and Internet or telecoms regulation
- Experience with corporate law, employment law, visas, privacy/data protection etc
- Strong negotiator (e.g. licensing, interconnection, enterprise subscription, marketing/business development and partnership agreements).
What Makes Us Special
We're not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We're a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/protecting-free-expression-online/ ): We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare's enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian ( https://www.cloudflare.com/athenian/ ): We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/tag/path-forward/ ): Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206 ( https://220.127.116.11/ ): We released18.104.22.168 ( https://22.214.171.124/ ) to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has