- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Legal, Risk Governance & Control-MI Hub - 90224362
Posting Range:11 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Legal, Risk, Governance and Control (AVP)
This role will require an ability to become a subject matter expert in the Legal Risk Policies, other Principal Risk Policies, the requirements of the BCF and utilisation of analytic, strategic and communication skills to collaborate with colleagues across the Legal Function and all areas of the global firm.
What will you be doing?
• Deal with ongoing queries or requests from across the global firm to align risk issues which may include, risk events, breaches, issues, actions or lessons learned to the Legal Risk Policies or other Principal Risks. By being fully conversant with the Legal Risk and Principal Risk Policies, you will review the factual background and assist with queries or check and challenge requests as appropriate
• Liaise with Legal Risk Policy Owners or their delegate (usually lawyers within the Legal Function) as required relating to Legal Risk and control issues, including reviews and approvals
• Liaise with Legal Function colleagues and Principal Risk colleagues to determine the appropriate Principal Risk and requirements to address
• Assess and consider any proposed remedial actions for breaches, risk events and issues and discuss as required with stakeholders, LRGC team members and Policy Owners to ensure actions appropriately address and manage current and potential future risk and control issues
• Manage all administrative requirements to support timely management of any risk issues you are dealing with, which includes, appropriate and accurate recording on ORAC, compliance with BCF timeframes and escalation within the LRGC team, Legal Function and stakeholders as required
• Maintain filesite folders to record matters you are managing, including keeping filing and calendar entries up to date
• Timely management of the LRGC inbox, which in the main covers the ongoing risk and control queries and requests across the global firm
Timely preparation of accurate reports and MI in relation to Legal Risk and Legal Function
What we’re looking for:
• Degree or equivalent
• Quick learner
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills with the ability to flex style
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Legal or Risk qualification
• Experience working in risk, governance or control
• Experience working within the financial services industry
• Experience working in a Legal Function or Law firm
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.