- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Secretary with experience in conveyancing to work within a forward-thinking company based in Renfrewshire. This is An ongoing temporary post initially for 2-3 weeks.
The hours are 8:45-5pm Monday - Thursday and 8:30-3:30pm Friday. The hourly rate is dependant on the candidate's knowledge and experience.
This is a key role within the business providing legal secretarial / paralegal support to the Regional Solicitor in the acquisition and commercial section of the Legal Department.
Other areas of responsibility
- Production of correspondence and memoranda using audio and copy typing maintaining high standards of presentation and accuracy
- Amending and checking complex documents
- Undertake all searches, including using an electronic conveyancing provider and paper submissions where appropriate and co-ordinate/ chase up results
- Produce and distribute legal reports and bibles of documents to clients, consisting of title/search/contract information
- Ensure timely reporting by the Regional Solicitor of monthly acquisition status report
- Keeping track of key dates
- Maintaining filing systems and deed packets
- Secretarial duties including, photocopying, scanning, circulating documents and bundles ensuring they remain accurate and legible at all times, arranging meetings, preparing reports and other ancillary administration tasks
The successful candidate must
- A methodological, accurate and organised approach to their work
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team ethic
- Willingness to learn with the potential to developing the role
- IT literate with exceptional experience using MS
- Audio typing skills
- Ability to maintain complex paper and computer-based filing and information systems
Stafffinders are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.