- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lending Specialist - 90145418
Posting Range:7 Nov 2017 - 21 Nov 2017
As a Barclays Lending Specialist,
you will be responsible for the acquisition, improvement and retention of credit across the Wealth business. This includes the sale and advice of new credit products, whilst building high quality relationships and delivering exceptional service. Credit products include loans, investment leverage, overdrafts & bespoke solutions and at times regulated mortgages. You will have the opportunity to engage with the broader business, building close relationships with the Front Office, Credit Product, Credit Risk, Legal and Service Team colleagues.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
As a Lending Specialist, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Providing an exceptional client service to a high net worth and ultra-high net worth client base throughout the end to end credit process
• Pro-actively keeping clients informed on the progress of their applications and taking necessary actions and ownership to ensure they are progressed appropriately
• Working within the appropriate governance and control environment so that legal, regulatory, audit and compliance responsibilities of senior colleagues are discharged effectively
• Escalating any risks or concerns quickly to management, to achieve rapid resolution
• Taking part in periodic book reviews to ensure risk and returns are achieving desired target levels
• Proactively and pre-emptively (where possible) identifying issues or problems including tax, reputational and conduct risks and collaboratively engaging the appropriate functions to find a solution
As a Lending Specialist, your skills and qualifications will include:
• A proven track record and experience in the sales, service and day to day management of credit products, along with developed credit skills and a broad knowledge of financial marketplaces
• A solid understanding of the credit market and credit risk arena
• The ability to communicate at a senior level, with a focus on continuous improvement and a strong desire to develop the business
• Deep technical knowledge and experience of the credit market and experience structuring lending transactions across a variety of markets, jurisdictions, client types and forms of collateral
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.