- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 - £30,000.00 gross per year
Level 2 Technical Analyst Team Leader
- £30,000Main purpose: As the Level 2 Technical Analyst team leader you are responsible for overseeing the day to day management of the level 2 Technical Analysts and the delivery of service excellence to customers.
You and your team will be directly responsible for the ownership and responsibility to collaboratively manage customers' live services that require proactive and reactive interventions, in accordance with service management processes.
You'll need to maintain an excellent level of technical understanding of key platform technologies and ensure the team acts as a centre of excellence.
In this role you will be responsible for managing, mentoring and developing a team of Support Engineers ensuring a high performing team.
Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring Incidents, Requests, Problems and Changes (ITSM tickets) are managed within the agreed service levels.
To effectively manage the level 2 technical analyst team.
Must be willing to perform weekly out-of-hours service scheduled on a rota basis.
The Service Desk team is circa 35 strong and provides nationwide customer coverage delivering IT Support into its customer base.
The customer base covers a varied range of verticals predominantly Schools, Higher Education, Government and Corporate markets.
The services provided cover IT support (Level 1, 2 & 3), Major Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Asset Management, Proactive Monitoring & Maintenance of infrastructure.
There is also significant requirement for the team to participate in regular Change, Problem and Major Incident Management meetings.
The team will also implement Changes, Identify, diagnose and implement resolutions to Problems.
Key relationships with: A close relationship with Service Delivery Management, Solutions Engineering, Projects and Sales teams is key to delivering support services exceeding customers' expectations.
- - Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Take ownership of user problems, pro-active when dealing with user issues
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
Drive continual improvement to systems and processes by identifying improvement opportunities, own and implement, improving our overall service offering
- Leader of the Level 2 Technical Analyst support team driving best practices to provide excellent service and solutions
- Provide guidance and mentoring to team
- Performance management of Level 2 team including appraisals
- Prioritise workloads and ensure customer issues are being dealt with in accordance to SLA
- Perform daily queue checks and management on individual and team queues, and assign calls appropriately
- Track and triage incidents against problems.
Drive down opportunity for repeat incidents resulting from a common root cause and time to triage new incidents
- Provide internal training, alongside the Technical Support Manager and introduce and maintain effective and efficient ITIL processes for Incident, Problem, Change and Service Improvement
- Resource planning of team
- Escalate effectively to L3 team and team leader
- Previous experience of management of employees/teams
- Previous experience of customer service / service desk focussed role Ideally ITIL Foundation V3 or experience of
- Ideally experience of working in an ITSM structure
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft client and server architecture, and ideally hold MCP or above certification
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft active directory users and computers and group policy
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and ideally hold CCNA certification
Other certifications or demonstrable use of other technologies (e.g.
Apple, Citrix, Printer management) is desirable
- active directory
- customer service