- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM - UK
LGV 2 Driver - SDC
an LGV Driver for DHL Express UK, you will be a frontline representative of the
company, responsible for the safe and timely delivery and collection of secure
shipments to and from our Service Centre and Hub facilities. The post holder is
directly responsible for enhancing the customer experience at every stage
through a conscientious and dedicated approach to tasks.
- Complete daily vehicle safety checks, safe loading / securing load of vehiclereport maintenance defects,
- Adhere to Tachograph & Working Time Directive legislative / regulations
- Adhere to company driving standards, as per the initial driving assessment, Fuel Efficiency & Telematics’ training
- Complete scheduled deliveries and collections of shipments of a variety of weights
- Sort and prioritise workload to ensure time commitments are met.
- Ensure correct completion of DHL / Customer data and documentation, airway bills, JD numbers, HUID numbers post codes etc
- Expected to comply with DHL’s uniform and ensure all relevant ID passes as worn at all times
- Accurately record working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations.
- To project a high quality DHL image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our internal / external customers at all times.
- Loading / unloading (shipments vary in weight between 0.5kg and 1500kg).
- Achieving targets, productivity, service, compliance and commercial.
- Scanning and working quickly and efficiently to ensure warehouse deadlines are met.
- Safety and security: Adhere to country laws and regulations, company and third party rules and standards.
- Adhere to customs / import / export procedures.
- All employees engaged in activity on behalf of DHL International (UK) Ltd are to comply with all applicable security procedures
employees are to bring any potential security breaches or concerns to the
attention of their supervisors
Skills and capability:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions and work under pressure
- Strong initiative
- Sound Judgement and decision making
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible working approach as overtime may be required.
- Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly Professional, accurate and effective work ethic.
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
- Willingness to change
- Diligent and critical of detail
- Excellent operational process knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
- Self-motivated with ability to work alone for extended periods
- Knowledge of UK DFT Security & Health & Safety processes and regulations.
to pass the full DHL Vetting process with fully checkable work history and
Education / Qualifications:
- Aged over 21yr's with a minimum of 2yr's driving experience.
- C1, 7.5 ton License
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.