- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
- MANCHESTER LANCASHIRE
My client is looking to recruit a Licensing Manager to join their growing business.
The main purpose of the role will be to be commercially savvy and relationship driven to support the Licensing Director with the growth and expansion of consumer products across multiple categories with a major focus on lifestyle brands.
Key Responsibilities for the Licensing Manager
- Providing day to day support to the Licensing Director to include meeting preparation & management of contract process.
- Working closely with senior members of staff, to brainstorm, research and launch both new product and category areas, and licensed promotional opportunities and collaborations.
- Creating targeted presentations to pitch, support or launch licensing programmes or specific category areas.
- A proactive collaboration and communication with the wider departments within the business, spanning across product development, marketing, and finance.
- Working with Licensing Director on tracking royalty income and financial forecasting as well as monitoring and providing analysis of licensee’s retail distribution, retail promotions and competitors ranges
- Assisting in the preparation and the running of licensee/partner presentations and licensing trade shows
- To support the Licensing Director through implementing appropriate programmes, developing existing partnerships and supporting sourcing new partners to drive commercial growth.
- Work day to day with the brand team to maximise the opportunities long term.
- To develop strong working relationships across the company to identify issues, overcome and tackle these issues, and expertly close deals within deadlines.
- To establish positive relationships across the lines of business to support each business lines long term strategic goals
- To provide financial projections looking 3 and 5 years ahead.
- To develop and review new and existing relationships and provide strong account management to enhance client experience and development including setting targets and KPI’s, plans for real distribution, sales growth and brand support.
- Ensuring all approvals are submitted to the Licensors and following up with the Buying and Brand Teams as required
- Creation of target bespoke presentations for product categories
- Lead regular meetings with retailers, buyers & carry out regular store visits to provide market and competitor analysis
- Review and understand contracts by bringing together customer requirements and advance business objectives through proper structuring of deals.
- To handle, enter and process business deals through the sales order process to enable proper venue recognition and accurate recording of commercial terms.
- To help the sales team respond quickly to customers in complex discussions about licensing issues with the capability to flex business models to adapt to complex market and customer expectations
- To stay informed on the progress and status and the deals weekly and frequently present updates to Licensing Director regarding impact on quarterly revenue forecast
- Strategic thinking
- Strong understanding of lifestyle brand licensing
- Understanding of sourcing and logistics
- Understanding of retail landscape and opportunities
- Effective organisational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Microsoft Navision a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with a wide portfolio of brands
- Existing experience of a wide range of categories Inc apparel & accessories, hard goods, collectables
Only relevant candidates will be contacted for this Licensing Manager role
- Sales Growth