- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB DESCRIPTION About Us: At Baker Hughes, we are transformingthe future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developingand deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energyforward.
For more than a century, ourinventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise tomake oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts,relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the healthand well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leadersat all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating anenvironment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are betterwhen all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their wholeauthentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaderswho aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries willhelp to lead the way for a new energy future.
Role Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated, technicalspecialist to join the UK & Ireland BHGE Regional Infrastructure andOperations team. Candidate should beinterested in all aspects of Digital Technology, design, implementation &operational support. Candidates will havea thorough dedication to service excellence, applying knowledge &experience to execute delivery of programs supporting the business. Candidates should be comfortable creating andsharing project plans with leadership and the wider BHGE Digital Technologycommunity.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needingindependent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May haveproject lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree, MSCEand/or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- Design, implement, support and troubleshootinfrastructure including databases, applications, tools, networks, servers etc.
- Provide technical leadership to team and othersupporting functions.
- Combine business requirementswith technology to develop solutions that improve performance, availability andproductivity.
- Identify & assist on Automationfor the estate to reduce operational maintenance overhead.
- Identify and drive platform consolidationopportunities and cost savings.
- Specify, design and implement modest changes toexisting environment to meet changing needs.
- Interface with other business teams to ensure theenvironment is secure, compliant and available.
- Capacitymanagement, planning, budgeting. Qualifications/Requirements:
- 5+ years’experience in IT.
- StrongAnalytical skills
- Experienceof working with global teams.
- Demonstratedexperience of systems design.
- Excellent Written& verbal communication
- Proveninternal customer managements skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience of estaterationalisation
- Strong knowledge of WindowsServer 2008-2016
- Strong working knowledge ofnetworking including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Strong working knowledge ofActive Directory including Group Policy management.
- Working knowledge of backuptechnologies such as BackupExec, Netbackup and/or ArcServe.
- Working knowledge of SANStorage
- Preferable experience of Hyper-V&/or VMware
- Scripting (PowerShell)
- SQL / Databases Desired Characteristics:
- Ability toprepare statements of work, requests for proposal, and gather businessrequirements.
- Stronginterpersonal skills, including ability to communicate with businessstakeholders – articulating value and how solutions can meet businessrequirements.
- Financialanalysis skills.
- Interest incurrent and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experienceand/or industry activities.
- Strong teamplayer – collaborates well with others to solve problems and activelyincorporates input from various sources.
- Demonstratedcustomer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; buildsstrong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
- Change oriented– actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, andconfronts difficult circumstances in creative ways. Locations:
- Alton, Hampshire This is your opportunity to learnmore, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverseorganization
Baker Hughes is an Equal OpportunityEmployer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identityor expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristicsprotected by law. Learn more
- ms project