- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have an exciting opportunity for an additionalLifestyle Activities Coordinator to join our team at Abbotts Care Home in, Harlow.
What to Expect:
Up to £10.00 per hour depending on qualifications.
- Source and facilitate meaningful and fulfilling activities to ensure that we continually enrich and stimulate the lives of the people living within our homes.
- Liaise with external and internal parties to establish suitable programmes tailored to the needs of each of our residents eg music, excercise, games, quizzes, arts, crafts, gardening, trips and outings.
- Plan daily/weekly and monthly - even quarterly programmes.
- Plan outings for residents, liaising with staff, families and external organisations, transport, etc
- Ensure the Home has a selection of appropriate activity materials available at all times ready for the planned programmes.
- To encourage socialising across the Units
- Offer some flexibility in working hours to attend outside events if possible.
- To promote links within the local community and schools - encouraging children to visit the home and assist with sing alongs, games, gardening and much more.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
What you will need:
- Previous experience in a caring role or a similar background is required. You will need to have experience of looking after the Elderly.
- Mature, sensible outlook with common sense commitment, initiative and a desire to make the lives of elderly people better.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or above (Adult) is preferred but not essential
- 28 Days holiday including Bank holidays
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding up to £600 for every person you refer (https://en-GB/page/employee-refer)*
- DBS Certificate paid by Excelcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Long service awards
- Career development pathways through the Excelcare Training Academy
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Funded Qualifications via the apprenticeship programme (where required)
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the Month - £100 for going above and beyond
- Excelcare Awards - Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done.
If you are interested in the position, please apply online today - we look forward to hearing from you.
*Subject to terms and conditions.
Excelcare are an equal opportunities employer