- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £35,000.00 - £45,000.00 gross per year
Like a beautiful marriage between the core infrastructure and networks, we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who can focus across both Linux OS and Network technologies. We are working with a tech-focussed (and definitely OpenSource / Linux lovers) startup in London who are looking to grow their tech team with talented engineers.
As a company, they've been operating for approximately 4 years and already scaled to 170 staff in London, and are now planning at taking over the US market. It's been all go for them and they don't see themselves setting down any time soon.
As well as working with all the latest tech and (buzzword bingo!) innovation they also do some good within society so if you fancy being part of a solution for a global problem, especially now we live in the internet-age, get in touch.
Nice and simple for this one, you are able to work across systems and networks seamlessly. You can integrate the two like a daemon and manage issues across both estates. You want to work within a collaborative environment, where your opinion and ideas matter and get taken on board by management teams throughout the company.
You go above and beyond to fix issues within an infrastructure; yes you can simply resolve it but you also dig a little deeper, find out the reason behind it and try to rectify everything to stop it occurring again.
What you'll be doing…
You'll be the first (and most of the time last!) line of defence against any issues which affect the infrastructure and networks. You'll be the response to incidents, maintain all hardware / software devices, you'll configure and maintain all of the Linux based firewalls and get to work on challenging problems on a daily basis.
As it stands, the team work within a 24/7 shift pattern; 12 hours per shift, 4 days on, 4 days off. There are future plans for this to change (setting up an international office so that they can have a follow the sun pattern) but best to be honest from the start.
What we need…
In an ideal world we are looking for candidates with the below experience;
* Excellent Linux skills you know the difference between distributions, you have a favourite between RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu and Debian and you have your reasons to back it up.
* Solid scripting experience doesn't matter if you prefer Python over Perl, or if you are a PHP wizkid, as long as you can script and use it to benefit the team we're happy.
* The ability to work within virtualised (VMware, vSphere, HyperV etc) and cloud (AWS ideally) environments.
* Experience working across network layers. You can work with vendor firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper etc) and also work across Linux based firewalls (IPTables, pfSense, SmoothWall etc)
* Experience working with monitoring solutions like Nagios, Zabbix, Solarwinds etc.
Apply for the role, or give us a call for a chat.