- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DS Smith is a leading provider of corrugated packaging with presence in 37 countries, employing around 32,000 people.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an individual with an eye for detail to join our operational team in the role of Litho Print operator. Providing support to our existing team, our ideal candidate would have experience or an interest in Litho printing and a desire to develop their career within the print industry.
Playing a vital part within the process, you will be responsible for the set up and operation of our Litho press machines, manufacturing printed material of the highest quality to meet customer specifications and expectations.
With a focus on health and safety processes, you’ll lead by example, ensuring that quality standards are met at all times, highlighting areas for improvement and reporting issues and opportunities to department leaders.
We’re ‘Redefining POS for a Changing World’ and it’ll be within your remit to review the current process with an open mind, challenging the way in which we do things in order continually improve productivity, costs and efficiencies. You’ll be conscious of deadlines and will work to ensure that our orders are printed on time, and to the highest standard.
Our perfect Litho Printer would have:
- Experience of operating machinery in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (essential)
- Print industry knowledge and experience of working within a similar role (desirable)
- Working knowledge of good health and safety practices
- A flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
- A strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Proven experience of working towards KPI’s and deadlines
- Effective communication skills; both written and verbally
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- The ability to prioritise and organise tasks
What else we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Free onsite parking
The hours you would work:
Monday to Friday; 40 hours per week – 6.30am – 2.30pm
This role is being advertised by a direct employer; strictly no agencies
Job Type: Full-time