- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Make a difference every day – Become a Live In Care Assistant
Nothing compares to the feeling that comes from knowing that you’ve brightened up someone’s day – especially when that someone is a vulnerable adult. Athena Care are on the hunt for warm and kind people like you to join our amazing team of live in care assistants supporting our clients in Surrey (GU4, GU7, GU8 and GU26).
The fact that you’re thinking about becoming a care assistant makes you part of a special group of people – the most compassionate and interesting people we know. There are many reasons why people become care assistants, but the main motivation is the chance to make a difference.
And that’s just what you’ll be doing when you work with us. You’ll become part of our incredible team, helping us deliver emotional and practical care to vulnerable adults and transforming their lives on a daily basis.
Ideally, you'll have experience of working with people with epilepsy, however, we’ll support you every step of the way, providing training as well as the opportunity to progress your career. You will be required to travel to Leicester for training. Athena Care will contribute to those who travel for interview and training or for those further we will arrange a hotel stay. Telephone Screens will be the first stage followed by Telephone interviews for this role.
This package has an ongoing live in rota based on 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off per month, there is also room for rota’s to be longer as agreed. You will be provided your own suitable and private room and have adequate breaks each day.
So, what are we looking for?
We’d love to hear from you if you’re:
• Caring, compassionate and a good listener
• An energetic, happy person who enjoys forming relationships with all sorts of people
• Happy to offer support with a range of tasks, including personal care, preparing meals, administering medicine, shopping and light household duties
• Able to access a vehicle (or – depending on where you’re based – willing to use public transport)
And what are the benefits of working with Athena Care?
• Comprehensive training and ongoing support – We’re with you every step of the way
• The opportunity to progress your career with a fully-funded diploma QCF in social care*
• An excellent benefits package encompassing exclusive discounts to hundreds of UK retailers, including Tesco, Asos, Mothercare and Pizza Express
• Employee referral bonus programmes*
• Auto-enrolment pension scheme*
Do something incredible. Transform lives. Become a Live In Care Assistant at Athena Care.
All suitable candidates are required to undergo an enhanced level criminal record disclosure.
Athena Care is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply
About the company