- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
My fantastic client is currently in the process of recruiting an experienced Logistics Administrator to work in their Head Office based in Darwen. My client is a market leader in their industry and are currently undergoing a period of development and expansion and are looking for a quality candidate to join and grow in line with their visions and aims.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Checking transport / shipping prices against the original planned costs to ensure agreed collection / delivery dates can be met working closely with the Supply Chain Administrator. Save these to company drives / Google Groups files.
- Ensure that you follow a daily mapped diary / timetable - highlighting any amendments to this.
- Check we can meet all the requirements as stipulated on the deal confirmations / sales confirmations against the customers PO, accommodating any restrictions as advised. Communicate these restrictions to the necessary departments / people.
- Book the transport / shipping (if arranged by ORL) ensuring that the most cost-effective route is taken.
- Build, maintain & report on a preferred transport provider database.
- React to situations by taking ownership of any issues being mindful of the supplier and customer needs.
- If Ex-Works, liaise with the customer on the transport / shipping.
- On receipt of booking confirmations have been received, check their accuracy & update the company databases communicating this to the Supply Chain Administrator and Post Loading Administrator.
- Take the lead on ensuring the transport / shipping companies have all the information they require, including but not limited to, site reference numbers etc.
- Communicate with the transport / shipping companies daily to check for late runners / any potential issues & communicate these to the Supply Chain Administrator.
- Follow & review all processes relevant to your role.
- Provide cover for the Logistics team as & when necessary.
- Train existing and new team members on role specific tasks as required.
- Holds strong experience working within a Logistics and Shipping environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong numerical aptitude.
- Working to company set deadlines, with an efficient and meticulous approach to work.
- A confident individual who holds strong problem-solving skills.
- Someone who has a can-do attitude and can apply themselves with a desire to grow and develop.
- Starting salary of £19k (Negotiable depending on experience)
- Staff Car Parking
- 23 Holidays + Bank Holiday
- Monday - Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Logistics Assistant