- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Logistics Officer, Commodities
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19036568
The Global Commodities group is looking to hire an ambitious and detail oriented person to join the Commodity Logistics team, based in London.
The successful candidate will provide daily logistics support to the firm's physical Power Gas and Emissions (PGE) desks. The PGE desk covers continental European vanilla and structured products. Being a physical logistics role, this has an aspect of on call cover in the evenings, at weekends and during Bank holidays.
The Logistics team sits on the Commodities trading desk.
The successful candidate will report to the Logistics Manager.
There is an opportunity for successful candidate to gain knowledge into metal, oil and bulk space.
To provide day to day support to the trading team including;
- Acting as the interface between CGML and a third party scheduling outsourcing company
- Overseeing exchange and auction bidding on power and gas exchanges and subsequent grid nominations
- Monitoring trade entry systems to ensure timely and correct processing of trades
- Reconciliation and transfers of various emissions products
- Working closely with operations to assist with the processing of exchange and grid fees.
- Dealing with audit queries
- Understanding bank compliance and risk mitigating directives and applying them in day to day activities
This is an ideal role for any candidate interested in developing their knowledge of the physical logistics associated with the Power, Gas and Emissions markets.. They will learn the fundamentals behind the physical trading of these products as well as gain insight into the flexibilities and constraints of the various markets.
FSA : Does this role require FSA registration? No
- Physical commodity experience in either gas or power is required; knowledge of both is a bonus.
- Ability to work closely with support functions and IT in system and workflow developments
- Ability to coordinate and interact with other groups across the bank.
- The ability to demonstrate success in multi-tasking and working under pressure and to tight time lines
- The ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate and interact with other support groups.
European languages are desirable, but not essential
Educated to graduate level
Ability to think on ones feet
Attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Ability to prioritise
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- directors and executives