- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
M&A AssociateWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The role involves performing the tasks of an M&A Associate in a M&A team. These include, but are not limited to: working on client coverage materials, transaction origination and execution of M&A mandates.
This role will be subject to Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function (CF30)
The role involves performing the tasks of an Associate in a M&A team. You will work as part of a team consisting of Analysts, Vice Presidents, Directors and Managing Directors.
- Creating detailed analysis and financial models used for valuation purposes.
- Preparing marketing documents, including pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda, management presentations, fairness opinions and board presentations.
- Preparing various industry analysis, including market trends, key growth drivers and industry dynamics.
- Preparing detailed company profiles and analysis, compiling and managing databases.
- Managing several projects at once and working effectively as an individual while supervising analysts and interns.
- Performing key steps in a transaction execution process from origination to completion.
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients.
- Managing, developing and mentoring analysts and participating in the recruitment efforts.
This position is subject to regulatory screening requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background screen.
Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function (CF30)
Wells Fargo team members in the UK who deal with customers or customers' property, and whose responsibilities include:
- Advising on investments
- Dealing in investments
- Arranging deals in investments; and/or
- Managing investments
Must be approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (the "FCA") to hold a CF30 function i.e. the team member must become a CF30 approved person.
To qualify as a CF30 approved person, a team member must be able to demonstrate to the FCA, on a continuous basis, that he/she is fit and proper to perform such a controlled function. In particular, a team member must demonstrate that he/she has the following attributes:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation;
- Competence and capability; and
- Financial soundness.
As a CF30 approved person, a team member must at all times adhere to the following FCA Statements of Principles for Approved Persons:
- Act with integrity in carrying out his/her responsibilities ;
- Act with due skill, care and diligence in carrying out his/her responsibilities , observe proper standards of market conduct in carrying out his/her responsibilities ; and
- Deal with the FCA and other regulators in an open and cooperative way, and disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA would reasonably expect notice.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school.
- Minimum of two to three years investment banking experience at a major investment bank or equivalent; or an MBA from a top tier school.
- Experience working on both sell-side and buy-side M&A transactions for corporate clients and private investors.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other software commonly used in financial services environment.
- Demonstrate a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills and understanding of accounting and valuation.
- Demonstrated excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Strong personal motivation, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage resources in a time-constrained environment.
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry.
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused, collaborative, and team environment.
- Team player that behaves ethically and with integrity.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.