- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £38,000.00 - £40,000.00 gross per year
We are supporting our client who are a successful plastics manufacturer, in their search for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
The overall responsibility of the Maintenance Engineer will be to service, maintenance and repair injection moulding machinery and all associated ancillary equipment.
Relevant Job Titles:
Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Maintenance, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Automation Engineer, Maintenance Technician
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
* To be a key member of the Maintenance team in order to effectively contribute to the success of the company
* To have good knowledge and understanding of mechanical/Hydraulic and electrical drawings
* Ideal candidate to have a strong electrical bias and able to electrically test, repair inspect, and fault find wiring and installations
* Ideal candidate to have knowledge and understanding of the Plastic process industry
with Hydraulic and pneumatics experience
* To ensure that Maintenance targets are met in compliance with Health & safety demands; and activities are carried out in the most effective manner.
* To effectively monitor and organize all available resources (Contract personnel, components, etc.) which have been assigned to an activity.
* Where appropriate, to contribute and provide pertinent information in relation to the activities and facilities
* To contribute effectively to "non-base manufacturing activities" such as site and building maintenance, continuous improvement activities and special projects etc.
where such activities fall within the role of Maintenance
* To contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and, where appropriate, identify and implement continuous initiatives pertaining to the role of the Maintenance department.
* To identify and report on agreed key machine performance indicators on a regular periodical basis, understand and analysis data collated, and to incorporate resultant actions into a preventative maintenance programme.
* To understand the implementation and control of the manufacturing machine control system (Mattec) and its influence within the maintenance environment.
* To carry out any other agreed duties which reasonably fall within the remit of the Maintenance Technician
* To support and assist where necessary ongoing technical production activities with the authorisation of the Engineering Manager to maintain continuous productivity.
**For this role, only candidates with experience in the maintenance and servicing of injection moulding machinery will be considered