- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Newton Abbot
Little & Cull is a leading supplier of premium chilled, frozen and prepared foods and the iconic "Tom’s Pies" brand, with manufacturing operations in both Exeter and Newton Abbot. Our products are sold nationwide to a range of hotel, restaurant and catering groups including a number of household names, and we continue to expand our product range through our highly developed BRC and Salsa accredited production facilities covering over 34,000 sq ft.
Our recent levels of growth has seen turnover increase by 30% year on year with significant investment in plant & machinery to support increased production. As a result of this, we are now looking to build an in-house maintenance & projects department. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the set-up of a key department, to contribute to the continued growth & success of the company and to take a role with real potential for development into a senior position within the management team.
Based at our Newton Abbot site, the role will cover maintenance requirements for both production sites. In this position you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all site equipment, whilst also ensuring all engineering activity complies with technical legislation. Strong communication and a proactive hands on approach are key to this role to drive performance and manage effective working relationships.
- Responsible for both Electrical and Mechanical maintenance of food processing equipment
- Implement, maintain & administrate a schedule of continuous planned maintenance across both production sites
- Undertake planned and preventative maintenance activities
- Attend and resolve breakdowns including out of hours
- Contribute towards system / process improvements
- Maintain and repair refrigeration and extraction systems
- Administrate the purchasing and stock control of engineering parts/ spares etc
- Implement current Health and Safety procedures and assist in further development and improvement of maintenance and engineering procedures.
- Hold relevant engineering & electrical qualifications or demonstrate equivalent industry experience
- Experience of electrical or mechanical maintenance within the food processing industry is desirable
- Multi-skilled engineer familiar with servicing and repair of electrical and mechanical systems equipment
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Experience of installation and commissioning projects is desirable
- Good organisational skills are essential
- Robust fault finding ability both electrically and mechanically
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels across the business
- Ability to be logical and analytical
Hours – 42.5 per week over 5 days, specific shift times to be agreed
Salary- Dependant on experience, details on application.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Management: 3 years (Preferred)