- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Role: Maintenance Manager
*: Plant Manager
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of Renewi PLC employs approximately 700 employees over 39 locations and collectively we handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 8,000 employees over 250 locations in 9 countries in Europe and North America. Collectively we handle more than 15 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 90% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
Key Purposes of the Role
- Ensure that the Energy Recovery Plant and MBT plant are maintained allowing the facilities to be operated at their optimum performance
- Manage and develop the maintenance team ensuring that it is appropriately resourced and staffed and that the team are adequately trained to implement and deliver the requirements of the contracts. Ensure that on-going development and training needs of the team are identified and addressed.
- Manage contractors for conducting planned maintenance at shutdowns quarterly and annually
- Responsible for planning the maintenance and shut down works with a maintenance planner reporting to them
- Champion the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Responsible for the storage and procurement of spares
- Implement a robust PPM process focused on equipment performance and increase life expectancy.
- Produce forecasts of likely maintenance costs and contribute to company financial planning and budget development. Work within budgetary constraints for both revenue and capital spend.
- Produce relevant reports (weekly, monthly and annual) detailing the performance of the plant
- Implement and champion 6 Sigma Continuous Improvement methodology within the maintenance environment.
- Champion the use of Condition Based Monitoring as a key tool in the effective maintenance of the facility assets.
- Assess the performance of the equipment, identify areas of concern and recommend improvements. Liaise with the technology providers regarding problems, solutions and improvements.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of Maintenance staff, ensuring that any recruitment is undertaken in accordance with company policy and relevant legislation. Work with other departments within the Company to establish and maintain a training needs matrix for all plant staff.
- Assist the General Manager to ensure the facility has the highest level of availability.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities within the facility comply with Health & Safety legislation and relevant company policies, including the published internal management and quality system (IMS) at all times. Work to ensure that any Health and Safety risks and risk of damage to the environment are minimised.
- Liaising with the Group H&S Manager to develop and review safe working systems.
- Liaise with external, statutory authorities regarding the regulation of the site, including the Environment Agency, Health and Safety Executive and officers from Derby City Council and Derby County Council.
- Liaise with other Site Maintenance Managers to at other Shanks’ facilities to ensure best company practice is maintained
- Maintain an awareness of developments within the waste processing industry and keep up to date with new technologies and changes in applicable legislation. Undertake assessments of potential new ventures for the company.
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- HNC level or above in a relevant Engineering subject – Mechanical, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation
- Technically competent with steam raising plant and power generation equipment
- Strong understanding of developing an effective safety culture and promoting continuous improvement while meeting business needs
- Prefer experience of working within the waste industry and awareness of standards and regulations governing waste processing technologies
- Good oral and written skills
- Good listening and questioning skills to ensure accurate understanding
- A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to use own initiative and work with minimal direction from line manager
- Pride in the quality and reliability of own work and outputs
- PFI Operations Director
- Managing Director Municipal Division
- Local Authority
- Contract Management Team
- Head of Compliance
- Materials Management Team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance Management: 1 year (Preferred)