- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on residents and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
Cygnet Nield House will offer a highly specialised service for individuals with a personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating. Women with this dual diagnosis can often be hard to place and treat as many existing services across the country either focus on the personality disorder or the eating disorder.
In this role you’ll:
- Be required to carry out a wide range of maintenance tasks including basic joinery, plumbing and general building work
- Be required to travel to other company sites
- Be prepared to be on call on occasions to carry out emergency repair outside of normal working hours.
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exit and door retaining devices, and fire emergency lights as specified in Group procedures.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the home. To maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude towards clients, staff and others.
- Maintain / secure the home's vehicles and undertake driving duties if required.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the home's Health and Safety Policy, Emergency and Fire Procedures.
- Ensure the security of the home is maintained at all times.
We're looking for people who have:
- Worked in similar position or have worked in a self-employed capacity in recent years
- Basic Knowledge of H & S issues in connection with the building industry
- Ability to record detailed and accurate works information relating to maintenance tasks
- Team work and pleasant demeanour
In return we’ll offer you:
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Free uniform
- Regular coaching and support
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Free meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- safety and security