- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Role purpose- We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the market leading Greene King team, working across a range of our London pubs completing repairs ranging from simple building maintenance to plumbing, decorating, carpentry and gardening. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will report into the Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician, providing great service to our pubs. The role will be varied from day to day with relevant training provided as will the tools to do the job. A van will also be provided to the team in order to transport tools and materials from one job to the next, therefore a driving license is required..
Responsibilities- - Working alongside the Senior Maintenance Technician, travelling to different pubs and completing maintenance tasks and repairs such as:
o Repairing fixtures and fittings
o Minor plumbing and carpentry
o Assembling furniture or equipment
o Garden landscape / maintenance
o Painting and decorating
- Work alongside the Greene King repairs and maintenance team to keep a track of outstanding jobs and notify when jobs are complete
- Identify parts required and collect from hardware stores as required
- Ensure all repairs are carried out at the highest level of health & safety and adhere to the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and CDM 2015 regulations
- Work to a set standard of Greene King's Safe System of Works
Skills & Experience - - Highly skilled in plumbing, carpentry and decorations
- Ability to resolve problems and adhere to health and safety guidelines
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good geographical skills to navigate across London
- Capable of working with machinery or lifting heavy equipment
- Resourceful and self motivated
What can we offer you?
33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
Greene King Locals Reference Code req2777