- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 - £50,000.00 gross per year
- St Albans
- £45,000 to £50,000
- 7am to 7pm rotating
Pension, Generous Overtime Time Rate, Progression, Training
I am currently working with a market leader within the food industry and due to double digit growth are now in a position to add another Maintenance Engineer to their engineering team.
If you are an enthusiastic and passionate Maintenance Engineer and looking for a forward thinking company this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
The ideal candidate must have both an Electrical and Mechanical background and the experience of working on high speed lines in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods business.
As part of this role you will be required to work a mixed shift
- 7am to 7pm rotating.
You will need to be flexible and will be required to work overtime which is paid at a competitive rate
Job Purpose of the Maintenance Engineer
To provide an engineering resource to support the efficient manufacturing of quality food products, in a safe manner while promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of Continuous Improvement.
The Maintenance Engineer job includes
• Planned maintenance
• Fault finding and breakdown repairs
• Installation and modification to plant and services to attain World Class performance from these assets.
Key Accountabilities of Maintenance Engineer
• Ensure all engineering work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner
• To work across mechanical and electrical trades as qualified and authorised.
• Fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of process equipment, packaging equipment and site services.
• Maintenance, modifications, installations and upgrades to plant machinery and site services.
• Proactive involvement in Project work, including the installation and commissioning of machines and equipment within authorised skill level.
• To work with, or lead, multi-functional teams on CI initiatives using agreed techniques to improve production processes and plant design to minimise downtime and improve safety and quality performance.
• To undertake training and up-skilling programs as directed by business needs and to keep abreast of technological advancements and maintain skill level.
Experience & Qualifications
• 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
• NVQ Level 3 in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) or equivalent trade accreditation.
• HNC/HND or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline is desirable.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience as a skilled engineering craftsperson / technician.
• Practical experience gained within a manufacturing engineering function.
• Problem solving and fault diagnosis.
• Consistently high standards even under pressure.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful
- ms project