- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BRISTOL AVON
Five Education is working to support a special school for children with SEMH in South Bristol, who require a male teaching assistant. This candidate will be working with a YR 10 student on a one to one basis. Due to the needs of the student, we are looking for a male teaching assistant.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Supporting student in a classroom one to one.
- Supporting other students in the classroom when appropriate.
- Working with the student to allow him to reach his full potential.
- Assisting the teacher with differentiation and positive behaviour strategies.
- Supporting children with social skills and development
- At least 6 months of experience working with children or young people in a school or other environment such as sports coaching.
- A calm personality.
- Able to cope with challenging behaviour and be resilient.
- A proactive approach.
- Able to develop relationships with the student they're directly supporting and the other pupils in class
- Confident in the position of a role model able to display positive relationships and interactions with staff and pupils
- Good behaviour management techniques
- 12 hour team teach course or ideally be able to attend Five Education’s course in August.
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- An awareness of SEMH (social and emotional mental health) and ACEs and a willingness to learn more if needed.
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Able to work 8.30-3.30 5 days per week term time only
Benefits and Perks:
- The option of PAYE or umbrella pay
- The option of free Team Teach training from Five Education (12-hour course)
- Accessible by public transport
- Friendly non-pushy consultants at Five Education
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check, barred list check, reference checks, face to face interview and professional checks such as teacher's barred list.