- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £27,500.00 - £30,000.00 gross per year
The Management Accountant/Finance Analyst will have a commercially focused remit with an emphasis on driving the business forward and producing quality month end management accounts. This is a key role in the finance team, working closely with the Finance Director and on a variety of projects. The role provides an excellent opportunity to produce meaningful commercials for some of the most exciting initiatives.
This family owned FMCG company have gone from strength to strength with the company spanning multiple generations and has grown to service customers across the country becoming a leading British brand.
Based in Peterborough their employees are central to everything they do and they are passionate family company that are always looking out for talented individuals to join their growing team.
Management Accountant/Finance Analyst duties and responsibilities;
- Production of the monthly Management Accounts, including Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reports for the FD
- Financial analysis including pricing and variances
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assisting with preparation of statutory year end financial statements
- Calculating and posting journals
- Preparation of regular and ad-hoc financial reports
- Supporting the rest of the Finance Team with technical advice to resolve transactional issues and covering when required
- Collate data from the accounting system, analyse and produce detailed reports for the Operations team to steer the operations.
- Analyse inventory trend and support the business to make stock and procurement decisions
- Serve as the key finance partner to provide financial recommendations/advice on special projects as required
- Contribute to Budget process with financials relating to new contracts and special projects
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects as assigned by department Managers
Experience, education and characteristics required for this Management Accountant/Finance Analyst;
- Part qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA).
- A minimum of 3 years financial experience
- Experiencing producing month end management accounts
- Financial analysis experience
- Based within easy commute of Peterborough
- Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups) ideally modelling
- Highly analytical, great attention to detail
- Experience collating and analysing data and producing insight/trend analysis to management
- Being a creative problem solver with a flexible mind-set is highly valued
- You have a genuine curiosity for business and people and you possess the ability to gather and interpret a large quantity of information and to present it in a comprehensible way.
Great long term career opportunity based in North Peterborough in a growing company offering progression and future study support. A supportive culture and a commercial focused role focused on month end management accounting and financial analysis within this British FMCG business
- microsoft excel