- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AutoReq ID 140182BR Job Title Manager - Finance Transformation (National Markets) Country United Kingdom Location London Function Management Consulting Service Line Financial Management Service Line Information In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In Financial Management , we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business.
KPMG Overview Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Manager to join our entrepreneurial National Markets FT team. Working closely with the leadership team you will play an important part in delivering our growth strategy and will manage teams to deliver quality client engagements.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work in a growing team where you will be supporting senior managers in driving the sales pipeline and building relationships with clients to develop further opportunities. You will work across our capability offerings for a broad range of clients across sectors ensuring no one day is the same.
In the Finance Transformation (FT) team, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of finance functions and generate real insights to help deliver value to our clients. Our mission is to be the leading FT practice in the UK market, to be number one in our focus markets, and to be recognised as innovators in finance technology.
Aligned to the KPMG operating model, in FT we are structured by market segment (National Markets, Corporates and Financial Services) with our consultants having deep industry specific expertise. Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues.
Our team is also structured by capability, providing specialist services and solutions such as Integrated Finance Transformation, Enterprise Performance Management, Global Business Services and Intelligent Automation.
Working within the FT team will provide an unparalleled opportunity to gain experience in target operating model design, robotic process automation and the latest innovative technology supporting Finance Functions.
It is critical candidates are willing to support quality client delivery, business development and development of innovative offerings and thought leadership to challenge our clients thinking in this area.
Specific service offerings are:
- Integrated Finance Transformation – Including helping CFOs to clearly define the finance vision and strategy, analyse the performance of the finance function, and design and implement a future state operating model (covering all aspects of people, process and technology) that is fit for purpose and leading edge.
- Enterprise Performance Management - Working closely with clients we help them with all aspects of performance reporting and decision making.
- Global Business Services - helping CFOs to improve the overall service delivery model of the Finance Function through shared services, centres of excellence and outsourcing. We design and implement operating model solutions to make Finance faster, simpler and cheaper.
- Intelligent Automation – driving efficiency opportunities through Robotics, and new technologies such as advanced data analytics, machine learning and cognitive services.
- Engagement delivery: leading and managing projects or work-streams of medium size and complexity (including analysing and interpreting data, drafting report findings and attending client meetings)
- Business development: developing and sustaining relationships with client management; supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/ bids for future work).
- Risk management: identifying and managing risks and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- People development: identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
- Practice development: taking a leading role in processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
Successful candidates should have strong finance knowledge and demonstrate the following skills / experience:
- Accountancy qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent
- Strong experience within a project / finance change (either from consulting experience or from working in a Finance Function, thought prior consulting experience is preferable)
- High quality project delivery experience and strong knowledge related to our financial management capability offerings
- Experience of working in client facing role delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
- Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions. Strong excel skills preferable
- Has strong overall business awareness, understands commercial value and risks associated with consulting work
- Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills. Visio skills desirable but not essential
- Finance systems understanding (e.g. Oracle Fusion, MS Dynamics, etc.)
- Good communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships
- Flexibility to travel. Note that although this role is based in the North region, the team covers the UK market. Limited international / European travel anticipated.
- Understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance function and trends in Finance
- Able to demonstrate project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality project or workstream outputs
- Experience of delivering on a project, proposal writing and presenting to clients, or equivalent
- Strong people manager, able to lead small teams and develop others.
Our Deal At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy