- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manager Fraud Risk - AVP - 90224519
Posting Range:13 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Fraud Risk Manager – AVP
Barclays Global Fraud Management - Risk are responsible for the delivery of Fraud Strategy and Analytics across all Barclays UK (BUK) and Barclays International (BI) business portfolios. The key responsibilities are to support the business units with the provision of second line of defence Fraud Risk Strategy advisory and oversight to meet Barclays Enterprise Risk Management Framework; and to ensure optimal fraud detection and prevention strategies and solutions are in place and remain effective in compliance with Barclays Fraud Policy while supporting the business units in maintain fraud within their risk appetite and supporting enhancement of both our customer and colleague experiences.
What will you be doing?
This role is within the GFM- Risk Fraud Analytics team and is responsible for the provision of data driven analytics for the management of Fraud decision strategy, to maximise the performance of Fraud risk systems, toolkits and associated data and processes to contribute directly to the proactive detection of fraud and the reduction of fraud losses while minimising impact to our genuine customers and their transactions
• Ensure effective score and rule performance management for fraud detection tools ensuring optimal False Positive rates and Key Performance Indicators such as alert volume SLAs, Victims of fraud, Fraud Losses are set and achieved.
• Production of the design, development and deployment of analysis and monitoring to prevent and detect fraud, responding to emerging trends and attack. Identify, monitor, escalate and respond to emerging fraud trends in MO, attack profile, customer profile.
• Provision of fraud systems/data Subject-matter-expertise in the evaluation and development of new fraud systems / tools and their implementation.
What we’re looking for:
• Degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, operational research or related area or significant relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of SAS/SQL
• Experience of working in a data intensive environment
• Track record in performing data analysis and building predictive models, utilising a standard statistical package such as SAS (preferred) for large financial institutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Fraud Risk systems and controls and their operating environments
• Understanding of issues relating to card and non-card fraud
• Knowledge of each fraud type and their typical attributes and the key drivers of fraud losses
Where will you be working?
• Barclaycard Northampton Office
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Manager Fraud Risk
Reports to (Line Manager’s Job Title):
Direct Reports (if applicable):
To be confirmed
Global Fraud Management Risk
Department/Function Level 1:
Department/Function Level 2:
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.