- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manager, Operating Model Transformation – Capital Markets, Consulting, LondonYour opportunity
The Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets practice has a history of building deep and long lasting relationships with our clients. We are proud to provide an unrivalled service and experience through a collaborative partnership with our clients to maximise their effectiveness, efficiency and profitability. Our team is passionate about delivering change to the financial services industry, with digital innovation at the heart of our approach. Our practitioners work on a variety of projects which include, design and delivery of operating models, process transformation and automation, robotics, cost reduction, structural reform and regulatory compliance.
The Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets team recognises that our success in the industry is due to our incredible people. We invest heavily in our practitioners providing them with the right tools, training and working flexibility to enable them to deliver and be successful in a rewarding and motivating working environment. Teamwork is also something that we emphasise and bring the Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets team together on a regular basis to share experiences, knowledge, while enjoying quality time with our colleagues.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Investment Banks are experiencing a unique set of conditions which requires them to change the way they operate. Whilst innovation can unlock a number of opportunities, Investment Banks need to understand how to transform in order to become more efficient. As a Manager in Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets you will lead workstreams in complex projects to identify opportunities for Investment Bank to become more efficient, identifying cost reduction opportunities, applying new technologies as well as re-think the business and operating model.
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow by using the practice's sophisticated tools and methodologies, whilst having the opportunity to build meaningful client relationships. You will also have the chance to work with and learn from some of the top practitioners in our firm.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have had exposure to project work and be able to understand front-to-back operations as well as the full trade life cycle so that you can provide tangible solutions.
You should also be able to develop strong relationships, contribute innovative ideas, and manage change and ambiguity effectively and confidently. Your existing industry and project management knowledge/experience will be critical and will support your development in the team. We will provide you with the appropriate support to continually develop yourself, add real value and build credibility in the industry from an early stage.
Assignments will be focused on all aspects of
- Cost reduction / Simplification
- Operating model design and implementation
- Process Re-engineering
- Business architecture
- Automation / Robotics
- Digital transformation
- Managed services
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Permanent role with potential for flexible working
Your professional experience
As a Manager in Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets, you will be responsible for understanding the clients' needs and lead on:
- Producing quality deliverables that could entail designing and implementing operating models for transformation programmes;
- Analysing processes and functions' cost basis to identify cost reduction opportunities;
- Overseeing process transformation using various methods e.g. traditional lean methods, robotics, digital solutions, analytics etc;
- Developing new business requirements;
- Managing a number of work streams on large scale programmes and/or resources
You will also be expected to lead and manage more junior team members as well as to lead and support internal projects and business development work.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Delivery experience in Capital Markets within a Professional Services firm. Internal consulting experience at a major Capital Markets institution will also be acceptable
- Experience in investment banking and Capital Markets industry, front-, middle- or back-office processes, market infrastructure, etc.
- Technical or business line experience in key areas in Capital Markets - i.e. Operations, Trade Life Cycle (Pre-Trade / Post Trade processing), Data Management, Collateral Management etc.
- Experience in understanding business requirements and ability to convert them into solution designs
- Proven change management and change delivery ability
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of the Target Operating Model framework and have had some project experience / exposure to certain components within it
- Experience managing small engagements and teams with no less than 3 individuals
- Interest in disruptive technologies e.g. AI/machine learning, cloud, big data and analytics, cyber security, blockchain, process automation, digital strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- •Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship / stakeholder management skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Digital transformation, e.g. experience in new technologies, delivery of innovative ideas
- Strategic cost transformation
- Understanding of the impact of key technology trends and workforce changes on the business
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspi
- ms project