- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Compliance Manager reports to the Senior Manager, UK Regulatory Compliance, who is responsible for the Testing function within the UK Compliance team. The Testing team support the UK Chief Compliance Officer who leads the Compliance function in the UK for all the lines of business operated by the different legal entities within this market. The role will play a key part in supporting the various lines of business in as well as supporting the implementation of regulatory changes in the UK.
The role requires interaction with the various lines of business as well as working closely with GCO, Central Compliance Teams, Line of Business Compliance Officers for the appropriate entity, the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and the anti-corruption team in the market to ensure that the activities meet regulatory requirements.
The Compliance manager works with the business to ensure that there is a strong compliance culture. This includes supporting the Head of Compliance on compliance related activities such as providing advice, Compliance Risk Assessment, Reporting and other activities as required and working with the business to ensure that it meets its objectives in a compliant manner.
Currently the position is responsible for leading on the following tasks:
- Regulatory Change: Provide compliance in connection to the identification, assessment and implementation of regulatory changes in the UK
- Reporting: Assists in the preparation of regular reports to senior management and the Board/Governance Committee as appropriate, providing crucial information on the Compliance plan, performed activities, results of second line of defense monitoring and testing activities, compliance-related risks and risk indicators, and the escalation of compliance issues and incidents
- Compliance Programme/Policies: Develops and assists in the development and maintenance of compliance programme-related policies. Ensures the compliance programme for the is documented in compliance manuals and procedures, and regularly updated and maintained
- Co-ordination: Co-ordinates with Line of Business Compliance Officers and International Testing Teams by leading and attending regular meetings and forums
- Continuing education: stays current on compliance topics by attending events, seminars and meetings arranged by law firms and professional associations
- Coach and support the Compliance Team
- Regularly liaises with first, other second and third line teams to discuss and communicate compliance activities, and understand business needs and current issues in the market
- Deal appropriately with other staff and control functions, and perform other tasks as requested or necessary from time to time to support the effective running of the overall Compliance program
Offer of employmentwith American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of abackground verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience of working in a compliance team or with critical governance programmes
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting, ability to drive business insights from the data and provide actionable steps
- Strong influencing, communication and relationship skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, with a track record that clearly demonstrates cultural awareness and an ability to build lasting partnerships across local and market teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated across band levels and business acumen
- Knowledge of regulatory environment
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and detail oriented with a proven ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills and must be able to manage competing priorities under demanding deadline
There’s adifference between having a job and making a difference.
American Expresshas been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing themin moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take ontheir biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also madea difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning andcollaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. Wehave their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or eventake time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready totake on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them theguidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because webelieve that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerfulbacking of American Express.
Don’t make adifference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Tocomplete your application please click on the links below. However, if yourequire any assistance with the completion of this process – or need anyreasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team email@example.com 00800 83000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 11:04:24 AM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.