- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A highly respected publisher of scientific publications, based in London is looking to recruit a motivated and resourceful Managing Editor to direct and oversee the editing and publication of their journal portfolio by leading a team of Deputy Managing Editors and Scientific Copy Editors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a small team of deputy managing editors and scientific copy editors, including the provision of editorial and management.
- Evaluating the output of Editors at all levels, providing feedback
- Performing regular evaluations of Editors
- Conducting the first/second round edit of articles, ensuring the production of well written, consistent and factually correct titles
- Assessing author responses to edits and editorial comments
- Ensuring new and existing team members are adequately trained
- Acting as final arbiter of production values for the journals, including overseeing consistency with the in-house style This is a super new role and ideal for someone with proven journal editorial experience looking to step up and manage a small team.
The successful person will have:
- A degree in biomedical science and a minimum of 1-2 years editing experience - Essential
- Proven experience of producing high quality language and copy-edits and in-depth knowledge of the journal guidelines and policies.
- The ability and motivation to lead and motivate a team
- The ability to manage high-quality work whilst driving deadlines
- Strong IT skills, plus excellent communication skills For further details of this exciting new role, please forward your CV and salary expectations.
- ms project